WELCOME TO RECEPTION!
P.E days starting after October Half term
Please check your child’s PE day and ensure they are dressed in appropriate PE uniform on these days (jogging bottoms/leggings/white t-shirt, jumper and trainers)
Monday - R1 - Ms E
Tuesday - R2 - Ms Edwards
Wednesday - R3 - Ms Burton
Reception Parent Workshop
We would like to invite you to a parent workshop on Friday 21st October at 9 o'clock in the hall.
Autumn 1 Curriculum
In our carpet sessions, small group work and within free-flow, these are some of the things children will be learning this half term:
- Taking turns and sharing resources independently
- Developing increasing control of their body - fine motor skills for pencil control and gross motor skills for core body strength
Our continual provision covers the full Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, which you can explore here. Children will have lots of time every day to learn within the provision both inside and outside, independently and with the support of their friends and adults in the environment.
Though our topic ‘All About Me’ we will be learning:
- How we are different from our friends
- To describe our families
- To talk about our local neighbourhood
Reading and Phonics
We will be reading high quality texts to engage children and spark their imagination. We will use these books as a stimulus for drama, role-play and artwork to develop understanding and language.
In Phonics children will learn ‘a sound a day’ based on the RWI programme and this will be sent home each day. They will use these sounds to begin blending and reading words independently.
Each Friday, children will bring home a book from the class library. You can also use the Reading Eggs programme to support your children’s learning.
During freeflow learning time, Early Years Practitioners will be working with children to
- Develop finger strength through activities such as playdough manipulation, lego and threading
- Practise writing a variety of different types of lines through mark-making activities with pens, paint and natural objects
- Use the rhymes we have learned in phonics to write sounds/letters. These will be on the sound a day sheets that you will receive daily
Our maths learning will focus on:
- Recognising and exploring 2D and 3D shapes
- Counting to 10
Our theme this half term is ‘Being Me in My World’ where we will be learning about our feelings and how we can all be happy in the classroom.
Find out more about RWI phonics
Regular use of our supporting reading program online will help your child to progress in phonics (speak to your teacher if you have lost your username and password)
Build your child’s coordination with a mouse and keyboard