Welcome to Year 1!
This term we have been learning all about our local area.
Last week we followed a map to visit Wanstead Park. We looked at how the forest changes through the seasons. When we arrived, Ms Muldoon had created a treasure hunt for us to follow and see what Human and Physical features we could find in the park.
Dates for your diary
21st November - Southend Aquarium
22nd November - Maths Parent Workshop, Main Hall, 9am - 10am
12th December - Phonics Parent Workshop, Main Hall, 9am - 10am
Do you love reading at home, as much as you love reading at school?
Why not do some reading online? Click here for Bug Club!
Remember to enter your username correctly, it will be on your special bookmark.
Username: farepate (all lowercase)
The first 4 letters of your first name + the first 4 letters of your surname. e.g. Fareeha Patel
School Code: 3tmc
- Support at home Yr 1
- Ideas for free Apps
- Handwriting Capitals
- Handwriting Practice Sheet lowercase
- First 100 High Frequency Words
- 101-300 High Frequency Words.
Play some of these fun games with your child and get involved in their learning.
- Greater and Less than
- Improve you addition facts- play level 1 and 2
- Improve you subtraction facts- play level 1 and 2
- Can you find the correct shape?
- Try some more adding!
- Have a go at subtracting on a number line.
- Improve the sentence- add the capital letters
- Try these spelling games. What sound/letters are missing?
- Match the word to the picture- look for the special friends
- Try this BBC phonics game