Quick Links

Useful Links

Part of the Learning in Harmony Trust

"In the Learning in Harmony Trust, we work in harmony to achieve excellence for all. We live and breathe our values and focus on doing things the right way, providing the perfect environment for all our children to flourish and succeed. And with a diverse range of schools in two contrasting locations, we offer a unique opportunity for professionals looking for a challenging and rewarding career in a supportive, creative and forward-thinking environment."
Click here to find out more about the LiH Trust.

Blenhein Primary School

Free School Meals

If you have not completed an application for Free School Meals in Newham before, you can apply here. This form should only be completed by a Parent or Guardian living with the child and who has parental responsibility for the child. Newham councils criteria is outlined below:

  • Income Support 
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance 
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance 
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 
  • The guaranteed element of Pension Credit 
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190) 
  • Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
  • Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
  • No recourse to public funds.

For more information click here

If you need help with your application, please ensure you email info@sheringham.lihtrust.uk we will try our best to help you with your enquiry.

If your child becomes entitled to FSM then you will receive a response back from Newham council and this response will then have to be sent to info@sheringham.lihtrust.uk where we will update our records and send you your entitled voucher.

Please remember that this is not Newham’s Eat for Free provision. This is only for families who have applied and have confirmed eligibility from the Local Authority. 

However, if you are not entitled but need additional help there are food banks available, details of this can be found here (click on the Early Help Directory).